Wednesday, December 31, 2008

New Year's Eve

Well I'm sitting here at work waiting for my vanpool driver to let me know when we are leaving. It's about 11:05 am and I've been here since 6:45 am this morning. The last couple of weeks of the year are always boring in my department because everyone is on vacation, the State Capitol is closed off and on and so is the PSC. I actually have some reports that have to be filed by January 5th to the State Ethics Commission, but they're finished, so not so much other governmental stuff going on! In two weeks I will probably wish that I had a day like this because the 2009 Georgia General Assembly is back in session and it gets pretty wild, but it's also fun and interesting.

I know Scott is as bored at home as I am at the office. He keeps calling to tell me various things the dogs have done this morning or about a silly email he received. Scott's office is at home, so he doesn't have to travel any further than on the other side of our house to go to work unless he has customers to visit. The dogs love having him home. Out little rescue, Rocky loves to be outside so they played outside all day yesterday and went for a four mile walk since the weather was nice.

We are having about 10 friends over tonight to help ring in the New Year. We're going to light the outdoor fireplace and have some great food, drink and conversation!

Anyway, Scott and I want to wish everyone a Safe and Happy New Year! Here's to a great 2009!!

1 comment: