Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year!

We had a wonderful time last night with our friends and neighbors. Everyone started showing up around 7 pm and we started eating and watching the football games. The Chick-Fil-A Bowl was absolutely painful - Georgia Tech lost to LSU 38-3. It was awlful!

Our rowdy neighbors came over with some of their friends for a little while and then we walked across the yard to their house a little later. Spent a little time over there and came back home to light a fire in the fireplace. It was too cold last night to light the outdoor fire and no one wanted stay outside for long! After the game was over we started watching some of the New Year's Eve shows. The music wasn't that great. I love Fergie, Katy Perry was good, never heard of the Ting Ting's, Ludacris was ok. I'm not a Taylor Swift or Jonas Brothers fan at all - they have no talent. All of Taylor Swifts song are about the same thing. I can't stand the Pussy Cat Dolls or Kelly Pickler either. Talk about country! I can't stand to hear Kelly talk and I'm from Arkansas!!

No fantastic wild party at our house! It was nice and layed back! It was so nice to have our friends over; the conversation was great, the food was great, we shared a few drinks and had a wonderful New Year's Eve!

Today, Scott and I got up late and I made eggs benedict for breakfast, then we started taking down the rest of the Christmas decorations. Ugh! I always love having the decorations up at first and then after about two weeks, I'm ready for it to all be gone! I need one of Santa's Christmas fairies to come every year to put all the stuff up and then come back to take it down!

This morning I put a pot roast in the crockpot and we are having a friend and his two children over for dinner tonight. Roast, sauteed spinich with garlic (I absolutely loathe collard greens!), mashed potatoes, gravy and black eyed peas! Sounds yummy!

I have to work at least part of the day tomorrow so no late night for me tonight. And we have a quiet weekend planned so far. I bought tickets for us to go and see the King Tut exhibition at the Atlanta Civic Center so we may venture down to Atlanta for that, but then again, maybe not! There is always another day!

Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

2 comments:

  1. I like Taylor Swift. But I guess we all have our own style of music, right? Anyway, I'm glad you had a good new years, I did too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea, I'm definitely not a Taylor Swift fan at all, but like you said, everyone has their own individual music tastes!

    ReplyDelete