Monday, January 5, 2009

It's been a Monday!

After a lovely, lazy weekend of sushi, mexican food and some shopping, today was back to "normal" work for me and I have to say that I actually enjoyed it! Sounds kind of sick, huh? Well everyone was back today and it was nice to be busy again. Everyone in my department is a total of 15 people. My boss was in and out all day going from one meeting to another. Our Vice-President has been promoted to a Sr. Vice-President over all of External Affairs, so now we report directly up to him instead through him to someone else! It's kind of crazy and confusing, but should make for an interesting year. The Georgia legislative session is about to start and I love this time of year. The action at the state capitol is my favorite and someday, I want my boss' job. We'll see if I can break that glass ceiling!! The most important part of my day was getting my report filed with the State Ethics Commission.

The one thing that was hard this morning was dressing for work. Ugh! I've been wearing jeans and comfortable clothes for two weeks and today was back to business suits and heels. My feet wanted to rebel this morning, but by the end of the day, they were fine.

Tonight I'm sipping on a glass of Biltmore Estate Chateau Reserve Voignier wine, waiting on my dinner to finish cooking and working on a paper for class tomorrow night. I have to write a paper about how I categorize problems. What problems? My life is perfect!! Ha Ha! I'm actually dreading class tomorrow night. I'm having major writer's block because I'm tired of being in school right now and I'm ready to be finished! I hate writing fluff papers about things that I don't really care about. I keep repeating to myself, "three more months, three more months, I'm almost finished, I'm almost finished." I really want to go ahead and get my doctorate, but I think I'll take a break before I start that program!

I have five more nights of my current class and then I start a seven week Capstone project that will allow me to graduate. I think I'm going to do my project on why employees do not trust company ethics programs. Ethics is a major interest of mine and I can't understand why companies don't take a more active role in ethical practices. Oh, in today's society the majority of corporations have a whole department focusing on workplace ethics, but how many people really believe in the process? I sometimes feel that many companies do the bare minimum to keep from being sued and that's it. Statiscally speaking, and I have research, most employees believe his or her company really doesn't care about them as an individual. The general perception is that corporate ethics programs are designed to protect the manager, not the average employee just trying to do his or her job. Anyway, that's a soapbox for another day!

Well, I better get work on that paper, so I can watch my recorded "Brothers and Sisters" before I got to bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment