
Ok, here goes! I've had this blog for a while, but never put anything into it so we'll see how well I do with keeping it up to date!
Anway, we had a wonderful Christmas.
Christmas Eve, Scott's Dad came up to Lawrenceville to look at new truck at Nash Chevrolet which he ended up driving home. What a great Christmas present! We spent a quiet Christmas Eve night together with our dogs at home; sipping on some wine, cooking for Christmas Day at Scott's Parents and generally just relaxing. It was nice. We opened our gifts and played with dogs until bedtime.
Christmas Day we got up, packed up the dogs and all the rest of the Christmas gifts and headed to the south side of Atlanta to spend the day with the Gentry's. We opened our gifts with Stephanie and Scott's parents and then we just relaxed until the guests start arriving. Every year Scott's Mom does an open house for all of the family on Christmas Day. They start showing up around 5 pm and we have lots of food, drink and great conversation until everyone starts to wear down and head home. We always stuff ourselves, but everything is so yummy!
On Friday, the day after Christmas, I had to actually go in to the office because practically everyone in my office is on vacation. What a waste of gas that was and I left at about 11:45 am to head home. No phone calls, no emails-nothing. It was so dead! I decided to try my luck on the way home at Ann Taylor Loft to see if I could find a really good sale and use the gift card I had gotten in my stocking. After searching for a parking spot and finally finding one far from any door of the mall, I realized that I did not bring the silly gift card with me!! What a goof! I drove home and Scott came back to the mall with me a little later. The mall, if possible, was even more packed when we came back! We had to park even further out! It was crazy, but I got a good deal on some pants and a jacket at Ann Taylor Loft, so maybe it was worth it!
We spent a quiet weekend and I cleaned up some of the Christmas decorations. Everything is down except for our tree and the outside lights. We are having company for New Year's Eve so I wanted the tree left up, but New Year's Day it will probably come down. I'm ready for the house to be back to normal!
So, last night after a trip to the grocery store, I started making finger foods for New Year's Eve. I made some sausage balls, some little tortilla crisp things with cream cheese and chicken and layed out all of the olives to make olive balls. Tonight I'll make the olive balls and bake some brownies.


No comments:
Post a Comment